The Hatfield Public Library is committed to promoting an enjoyable and safe environment where patrons and staff can fully benefit from and utilize the Library’s resources and services. We expect patrons to behave responsibly, respectfully and with consideration for others. The following guidelines must be honored. If they are not honored, the library staff reserves the right to ask any patron to leave the library immediately. Repeat violations may result in additional restrictions.
- Disruptive behavior is not allowed. Disruptive behavior may include but is not limited to: running, playing audio equipment so others can hear, inappropriate cell phone use, threatening or harassing behavior, public intoxication, talking loudly, or engaging in any other behavior which library staff may interpret as disturbing to themselves, other patrons, and/or the library environment.
- Appropriate attire including shoes and shirts must be worn.
- Destruction of property, whether belonging to staff, patrons or the Library building, is not allowed.
- Pets are not allowed, with exceptions made for service animals.
- Sleeping in the Library is not allowed. If staff members are unable to wake up or determine the health of a patron, an ambulance may be called.
- Children 8 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult in the library at all times.
- Limited snacking is allowed but food or beverages should not create a mess or disturb other patrons.