COVID-19 Free Testing Resources
Free Testing Kits
A limited number of PCR testing kits are available through a partnership from Labcorp and the state of Massachusetts. To order, visit: https://www.ondemand.labcorp.com/ma-testing
UMASS Amherst provides take home kits through its Unobserved Testing program. Order kits ahead of time by visiting: https://www.umass.edu/coronavirus/coronavirus/covid-19-testing. Includes directions on where and how to obtain and submit an unobserved COVID-19 test.
Starting January 15, 2022, insured individuals are eligible for up to 8 free FDA-approved at-home over-the-counter COVID-19 testing kits. For information on how and where to get COVID-19 testing kits for free, visit: https://www.cms.gov/how-to-get-your-at-home-OTC-COVID-19-test-for-free
Free Testing Sites
Last updated: January 11, 2022. For the latest information on free testing locations in Hampshire and Franklin counties, visit: https://www.publichealthwm.org/covid-19/Testing-Resources
Northampton: CVS, 366 King Street
- This is a community testing site. Tests are performed at no cost, and insurance, Social Security number, and driver’s license/state ID are not needed.
- Appointments required. Schedule by visiting: https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
- Ages 3+
- Symptomatic and asymptomatic accepted.
Amherst: UMass Public Health Promotion Center at the Campus Center (lower level), 200 Commonwealth Ave
- Monday through Thursday, 9am – 4pm; Friday 9am – noon
- Asymptomatic testing only
- All ages accepted
- Visit the UMASS website for more information: https://www.umass.edu/coronavirus/coronavirus/covid-19-testing
Greenfield: Greenfield Community College, East Building (follow signs)
- Hours: Monday 8am – 4pm, Tuesday 8am – 4pm, Wednesday 11am – 7pm, Thursday 11am – 7pm. Friday 8am – 4pm. Saturday & Sunday 9am – 2pm.
- Note: hours may change, check https://www.cic-health.com/individuals?location=greenfield for the latest updates
- No appointment necessary but you can schedule ahead of time: https://www.cic-health.com/stopthespread
- Ages 2+
- CDC information on COVID-19 – YouTube Playlist
- WHO information on COVD-19 – YouTube Playlist
- United Way Western Mass Recovery & Relief Fund for COVID-19
- Look4Help: Find Resources in Franklin, Hampshire, and North Quabbin Regions